September 26, 2016
SEO, short for search engine optimization, is used to gain more visibility of a website in Google and other search engines’ results. When we think of SEO, we think of two factors, with one of those factors being on-page SEO and the other being off-page SEO. This article will focus on on-page SEO, and we will provide you with some methods that can help you.
We need to think about the keywords we want to target. This includes where to place keywords, content quality and much more. With that said, here is more info about on-page SEO.
We need on-page SEO because we want our websites and blogs to be noticed in the search results. This is why we need to carefully consider what keywords we choose to target. In fact, using the right keywords and placing them properly is one of the best ways to get your content noticed in the search engines.
You probably want to know what factors to consider when you use on-page SEO. There are many. However, here are the top factors you should consider.
1. The Title– If you want to get clicks and get noticed by the search engines, then you need a good title. Include the targeted keyword at the beginning of your content’s title. Just try to make sure characters don’t exceed 65.
2. Permalink– Your blog should have a URL that is well-optimized. Try to include the title of your post at the beginning of the URL. Don’t use commas, brackets or any other kind of special characters because this will likely do you no favors.
3. Meta Tags– Use the right meta tags and include a good meta description. Do this for every piece of content you publish. Doing this will help your content get noticed.
4. Heading Tags– Be careful when creating heading and sub-heading tags. You want to use them properly. Using them the right way can help you, so make sure heading tags highlight the most important points of your content.
5. Use Images– Images can do wonders for your content. Include your targeted keyword in the image’s description. This may help you your post gain visibility, but only use relevant images because using irrelevant images for your content will just look silly and your readers may not appreciate it or they may not show interest in your content.
6. Keyword Density– This is important because it refers to how many times you use your targeted keyword/keywords in a post. Try to keep keyword density below 1.5% and bold your keywords. This may help your content get found by the search engines.
Those tips should help. Implement them as soon as you can and you could see some results. Just remember, continue to learn all you can about SEO and this will improve your odds of having success with it.
September 26, 2016